Summer sunshine, supper clubs and settling down for the autumn…
We often joke that our lives are held together by cable ties - well it's only funny because it's true!
Planning to cook for a special someone this Valentine’s Day? Why not try Jake’s very own chocolate liqueur fondant – the perfect after dinner indulgence that is easy to make, and guaranteed to score you a few culinary brownie points…
You will need:
- 85g caster sugar
- 150g butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
- 150g dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 3 whole free-range eggs
- 80g plain flour
- 50 ml crème de menthe or liqueur of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Grease 4 small ramekins, or small cappuccino cups.
- Place the sugar, butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Heat gently until all has melted, then remove from the heat.
- Mix together until combined.
- Add both the egg yolks and whole eggs and beat well.
- Add liqueur of choice and mix in
- Fold in the flour.
- Dust ramekins or cups with coco powder
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into ramekins or cups. If you haven’t got a piping bag, you can spoon it in but it can get messy!
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and place onto a baking tray. Put straight into the oven and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla crème fraiche, candlelight and a bottle of bubbles!
Wishing you all a happy Valentine’s Day,
Jake and Janine
Fancy brushing up on your culinary skills whilst enjoying a mouth-watering meal? Then look no further!
Seven Mile is excited to introduce its new private catering offer, exclusive for all bookings this January and February.
For just £40 per head, you and a party of close family and friends can celebrate the start of 2016 in style by doing something new, fun and engaging with Jake at the helm!
The cost includes your very own canape demonstration, followed by a delicious three course meal of your choice - freshly prepared using only the very best in local produce.
To make the evening extra fun, we can throw in a canape making competition between members of the party – where the winning canapes will take pride of place as the first course… think Great British Bake off come Master Chef in your very own kitchen!
This offer is sure to beat the January blues and will set you up for a fantastic year ahead!
For more details and to place your booking, please contact Janine at firstname.lastname@example.org