How exciting! We have been nominated in the Cotswolds Awards 2016 in both the Street Food and the Wedding Caterer categories! Smiley faces all round!
If you think we deserve to win, please click on the link and give us your vote - we would be super duper grateful!
And as a thank you (some may say bribe), here is Jake's epic winter apple crumble recipe to help you celebrate our wonderful British apple season and get us ready for the shortening days and frosty mornings. Custard or vanilla crème fraîche, oooooh the decisions....
▪ 1kg of cooking apples
▪ 450g golden caster sugar
▪ 350g plain flour
▪ 230g butter
▪ 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
▪ 1/2 tsp cloves
▪ 1/4 tsp mixed spice
▪ 300ml water
▪ 500g mixed winter berries
▪ Peel, core and chop apples into 2cm(ish) cubes.
▪ Place in pan with water, cinnamon, cloves and 200g sugar. Simmer gently until softened slightly (NOT MUSH!).
▪ Drain apples, mix with berries and place into the tin used for baking.
▪ Cut up cold butter into small squares and place in mixing bowl.
▪ Add flour, mixed spice and remaining sugar into mixing bowl.
▪ Rub all ingredients together between fingers until combined and it looks a little like bread crumbs.
▪ Sprinkle flour mixture over apple and berries and sprinkle with a little more sugar.
▪ Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 for 35 minutes or until golden.
▪ Serve with custard or vanilla crème fraîche.