Not that we ever need an excuse to celebrate but Halloween is here and we are orange with giddiness! It's such a beautiful time of year, especially out here in the countryside - the leaves are a riot of colour, the apples just keep coming and even our winter roses are flowering. Janine baked an apple pie from the garden apples - this does not happen often so photographs to prove it below!
Now, a quick reminder to vote for us in the 2016 Cotswolds Awards if you haven't already. We are nominated as best Street Food and best Wedding Caterer and every vote counts! I think the last link I sent wasn't direct to the voting page so hopefully this one is easier! Just add your name and then scroll down the page to our two categories:
Thank you to everyone for your love and support - here's a thank you recipe for all you pumpkin lovers out there and some fun photos from last year's festivities - hopefully, only to be bettered by those of today!
500g diced chicken
300g pumpkin, cut into small squares
35ml sesame oil
1 large white onion
1 lemon grass stalk
2tsp dried cumin
2tsp dried coriander
5 large cloves garlic
1 tbsp flour (GF if necessary)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
1 can coconut milk
200ml good vegetable stock
1tbsp soft brown sugar
1. Peel and slice the onion and add to the pan with oil and dry spices (cumin, coriander, cinnamon). Sweat the onions slowly until translucent.
2. Finely chop chilis and lemongrass. Peel and grate garlic and ginger and place it all in with the onions and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
3. Turn up heat to high and add chicken and pumpkin. Cook until chicken is browned.
4. Add flour and stir for 30 seconds.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and add remaining ingredients apart from lime and fresh coriander and simmer for 40 minutes.
6. Zest and juice lime into pan, stir and remove from heat.
7. Roughly chop fresh coriander - add and serve.
How perfect are Ruby and Evie as Jay and Silent Bob!