Planning to cook for a special someone this Valentine’s Day? Why not try Jake’s very own chocolate liqueur fondant – the perfect after dinner indulgence that is easy to make, and guaranteed to score you a few culinary brownie points…
You will need:
- 85g caster sugar
- 150g butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
- 150g dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 3 whole free-range eggs
- 80g plain flour
- 50 ml crème de menthe or liqueur of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Grease 4 small ramekins, or small cappuccino cups.
- Place the sugar, butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Heat gently until all has melted, then remove from the heat.
- Mix together until combined.
- Add both the egg yolks and whole eggs and beat well.
- Add liqueur of choice and mix in
- Fold in the flour.
- Dust ramekins or cups with coco powder
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into ramekins or cups. If you haven’t got a piping bag, you can spoon it in but it can get messy!
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and place onto a baking tray. Put straight into the oven and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla crème fraiche, candlelight and a bottle of bubbles!
Wishing you all a happy Valentine’s Day,
Jake and Janine